General Rules & Regulations
The Breeders Elite Roping Incentive is a division of The Breeders Elite Incentive and shall be known as BERI through out the following Rules and Regulations. All monies shall be kept separate and independent between The Breeders Elite Barrel Incentive (BEI) and The Breeders Elite Roping Incentive (BERI).
All offspring, ANY past, present, or future horses the farm is the “Breeder” of (on registration papers) are eligible to compete for BERI added money in BERI approved futurities.
ALL offspring of nominated breeder stallions are eligible to compete regardless of the breeder on the papers, the stallion must be enrolled in the program.
2. A breeder nomination also entitles the named farm nominated stallion to be eligible to compete themselves and earn BERI added money even if the farm is not the “breeder” of named stallion. This is the stallion the farm is promoting and paying into the program, we want them eligible to compete for huge payouts in Canada!
3. Contestants pay $100 event entry fee in order to compete for BERI added money at a BERI sanctioned Futurity. To be eligible the breeder/stallion must remain enrolled in the BERI. Any offspring purchased with a nominated breeder on registration papers or a foal by a nominated stallion as well as the nominated stallion himself can compete for BERI added money.
4. Breeder nominations are capped at 100. No additional stallion nomination cap for nominated breeders. Waiting list is no charge.
5. All breeder nominations collected will be paid out yearly. The Breeders nomination fees less 20% for administration will be paid out at two (2) approved Roping Futurities, one in Alberta and one in Manitoba. 30% of the remaining pot will be paid back to the BERI nominated Breeder.
6. Breeders/stallions must be paid in yearly for offspring to be eligible to compete for BERI added money.
7. Breeders are required to pay annually to hold their spot in program promotional activities, even if breeder has no offspring of age to compete in the current nomination year.
8. Breeder's annual nomination for mare owners with or without one stallion is $750 + GST.
9. If any breeder chooses to not re-nominate yearly but wishes to re-nominate in a non-consecutive year, the returning year fee will be $1500 + GST. They will be accepted if program has room, otherwise they will be put on the waiting list.
10. Additional Stallion(s) annual nomination - $300 + GST/stallion.
11. All "New Breeders" must pay $1500 + GST for the first year of nomination pending room in the program. This applies to all breeders coming off the waitlist.
12.NO late additional stallion nominations will be accepted after May 15th annually.
13. The nominated breeder of winning offspring will receive the BERI breeder’s cheque even if the sire of the winning offspring is nominated into the program by a different breeder. If the breeder of the resulting offspring is not in the program, the stallion owner who nominated the stallion through their farm will receive the BERI breeder’s cheque. The breeder is paid first. If the breeder is not eligible then the breeder’s cheque goes to eligible stallion owner of the winning offspring or winning stallion. If a BERI nominated stallion himself competes in the Roping Futurity and places, the nominating farm will be paid the “breeder” cheque **only if the breeder and sire of the competing nominated stallion are not BERI nominated.**
14. It is up to the breeders to stay true to their clients when selling horses. For the clients to be eligible to compete for BERI added money in approved futurities the breeders/stallions must continue to pay into the program to keep offspring eligible to compete when offspring are of age.
15. If a stallion is sold inside Canada, we encourage the new owner(s) to enroll with a new breeder’s nomination of $750 + GST and continue to enroll stallion. Otherwise, all the stallion’s offspring will lose eligibility. The new owner will adopt past offspring of stallion and be awarded the stallion owner payout on winning offspring after the date nominated stallion is sold. *Only if they choose to enroll him again in this incentive. This will increase the value of your stallion depending on how many foals he has coming up without a nominated breeder on registration papers.
16. If a BEI Stallion is sold and is to stand outside of Canada; the breeder selling the stallion must continue to nominate in program as a breeder and nominate said stallion in order for its offspring to remain eligible to compete in BEI events. The year sold will be documented and any “new offspring” born after stallion is sold will not be eligible even if breeder continues to nominate stallion. * Foals conceived before sale of nominated stallion will be last year of eligible offspring. If breeder chooses to not nominate stallion annually he will lose eligibility to be re-nominated any year thereafter and all offspring will lose eligibility.
17. This incentive is for Canadian breeders only, the stallion does not have to reside in Canada, but it is a requirement that frozen semen be available in Canada.
18. If a nominated stallion dies or becomes infertile, he must be renominated annually to keep offspring eligibility. We are sorry for your loss. The office must be notified, a veterinary certificate confirming death or sterilization is required, and date will be recorded.
19. To keep “breeder’s incentive” on other breeder’s offspring not by deceased stallion, breeder must continue nominating the farm into the program.
20. At time of nomination, all nominees must email digital copy of Farm and/or Stallion advertisement poster. Poster must have breeder’s contact information listed upon it. Breeder/farm digital banners welcome. MUST BE LEGIBLE
21. At time of nomination, breeder website and/or social media page links are encouraged.
22. Only BERI eligible horses are eligible for BERI added money at approved Roping Futurities.
23. BERI eligible horses are either sired by nominated stallion, bred by nominated breeder on registration papers or are a nominated stallion themselves.
24. The Roping Futurity horse’s age will be determined by the individual rules of the BERI Sanctioned Futurities.
25. Breeder’s Elite Roping Incentive (BERI) reserves the right to refuse any farm/stallion nomination.
26. All disputes arising out of the application or interpretation of any rules or conditions of the BERI program shall be decided by the BERI board of directors.
27. BERI reserves the right to alter the conditions of all or part of the incentive program at its sole discretion. BERI may cancel the program at anytime and refund money for farm/stallion nominations, excluding interest, GST, and 20% of nomination fees, if it deems participation is insufficient to justify the program.
28. Any payment not made will result in the breeder and all their nominated stallions being non-eligible that year and require a $1500 + GST re-nomination fee if there is room. No refunds.
29. A current listing of all eligible breeders/stallions that are named and paid in full will be listed on our website, www.thebreederseliteroping.com.
30. Breeder names and information will be listed on our website, www.thebreederseliteroping.com, and used in social media networks.
31. Event details, breeder nomination and entry information/forms will be listed on our Facebook page and website, www.thebreederseliteroping.com
32. All nominees agree for the BERI to share pictures, results and breeder information in order to promote nominee.
33. All nomination/enrolment fees and money pay-outs will be in Canadian Funds.
34. Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5% is added to all nomination fees.
35. Any stale dated cheques will only be honored for 6 months from date of cheque.
36. Any reissuing of cheques that a person has lost will result in a $25.00 per cheque fee to cover stop payments charges.
37. Blacklisted means you cannot participate in any BERI or BEI competitions.
38. We honor other association blacklisted lists.
39. E-transfers and cheques are accepted as a form of payment. (e-transfer password: breederselite)
40. There is to be a 20% Promotional/Administration fee on all nomination fees and additional stallion enrolments. Nomination monies raised will be paid out each year.
41. If any BERI roping event is postponed or cancelled due to restrictions or any other events out of our control and cannot be rescheduled within the same year, the money will be carried over to the next year and added to a BERI sanctioned Roping Futurity the following year. No nominations will be refunded.
42. A BREEDER is the name on offspring registration papers. BREEDER name and NOMINATED BREEDER name must match in order of offspring to be eligible to enter BERI current year. If BREEDER name on registration papers does not match NOMINATED BREEDER NAME a new nomination for breeder is required.
43. Breeder cheque’s will ONLY be issued to the nominated breeder name.
44. I, hereby WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS which I may have, now or in the future, against the “BERI” and the “BERI employees/volunteers” and release the “BERI” and the “BERI employees/volunteers” from ALL LIABILITY for injury, death, property damage or any other loss sustained by me as a result of participation in this “equine activity” DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER including, without limitation, negligence on the part of the “BERI” and the “BERI employees/volunteers”. I further AGREE TO INDEMNIFY the “BERI” and the “BERI employees/volunteers” for any and all legal fees (on a solicitor and his own client basis) or losses or costs which may be incurred in defending any lawsuit or claim I may bring against them.